Junior Software Developer (JSD)
1251 Learners Enrolled
About Junior Software Developer (JSD)
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of ‘’Junior Software Developer’’ in the ‘’IT-ITeS’’ Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies in the learner.
Brief Job Description: Individuals in this job are assigned one of the many entry level roles in the software industry including support and help desk, testing, user interaction design, maintenance, enhancement, development and documentation. They are responsible for assisting in performing the key activities and tasks involved in the assigned role.
Personal Attributes: This job requires the individual to be flexible and operate under supervision for the area of work he/she is aligned to. The individual should have the necessary technical competency and be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively. He/she should also have a willingness to learn and undertake a desk job entailing long hours.
10th Standard Passed
- Demonstrate basic computer and internet literacy including operating a Computer, describing its major components and how they work, using
- Windows and Linux OS, operating a browser, searching the internet,
- Managing mails and using social internet media.
- Demonstrate aptitude for analyzing information and making logical conclusions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foundational mathematical concepts in computing.
- Design algorithms to solve problems and convert them into code using the appropriate programming language constructs.
- Read and execute a test case and record the outcome in the appropriate
- Establish and agree work requirements with appropriate people
- Keep immediate work area clean and tidy
- Utilize time effectively
- Use resources correctly and efficiently
- Treat confidential information correctly
- Obtain guidance from appropriate people to agree the analysis to be performed on the data
- Obtain advice and guidance from appropriate people on issues with data analysis outside their area of competence or
- Review the results of their analysis with appropriate people
- Undertake modifications to your analysis based on inputs from appropriate people
- Communicate with colleagues clearly, concisely and accurately
- Work with colleagues to integrate their work effectively with them
- Pass on essential information to colleagues in line with organizational requirements
- Work in ways that show respect for colleagues
- Carry out commitments they have made to colleagues
- Let colleagues know in good time if they cannot carry out your commitments, explaining the reasons
- Identify any problems they have working with colleagues and take the initiative to solve these problems
- Follow the organization’s policies and procedures for working with colleagues
- Comply with organization’s current health, safety and security policies and procedures
- Report any identified breaches in health, safety, and security policies and procedures to the designated person
- Identify and correct any hazards that can deal with safely, competently and within the limits of authority
- Report any hazards that one is not competent to deal with to the relevant person in line with organizational procedures and warn other people who may be affected
- Follow their organization’s emergency procedures promptly, calmly, and efficiently
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improving health, safety, and security to the designated person
- Complete any health and safety records legibly and accurately
- Establish and agree with appropriate people the data/information they need to provide,
the formats in which you need to provide it, and when they need to provide it
- Obtain the data/information from reliable sources
- Check that the data/information is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Obtain advice or guidance from appropriate people where there are problems with the data/information
- Carry out rule-based analysis of the data/information, if required
- Insert the data/information into the agreed formats
- Check the accuracy of work, involving colleagues where required
- Report any unresolved anomalies in the data/information to appropriate people
- Provide complete, accurate and up-to-date data/information to the appropriate people in the required formats on time
- Obtain advice and guidance from appropriate people to develop your knowledge, skills and competence
- Identify accurately the knowledge and skills they need for your job role
- Identify accurately their current level of knowledge, skills and competence and any
- learning and development needs
- Agree with appropriate people a plan of learning and development activities to
address their learning needs
- Undertake learning and development activities in line with their plan
- Apply new knowledge and skills in the workplace, under supervision
- Obtain feedback from appropriate people on their knowledge and skills and how effectively you apply them
- Review their knowledge, skills and competence regularly and take appropriate action
Supporting Enterprises Around the Globe
Our programs are designed to give you the skills you need to be successful in your career.
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR EXPERTS
Let us know your areas of interest so that we can serve you better.