Post Graduate Program in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
2944 Learners Enrolled
About Post Graduate Program in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
The Internet is developing and growing faster, and with that the related risks too. Cyber Fraud is rampant. The year 2018, India was the victim of 27k instances of Cyber Frauds of varying degree and complexities, causing a huge setback for many Businesses. The need for protection of Personal and Corporate data has become the highest Priority and Companies are investing huge capital in Planning, Designing and Implementing Security Policies to protect their valuable assets. For these reasons and more, it is the perfect time to gain the latest skills in the field of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics and enjoy a rewarding career. The JAINx Post Graduate Program in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics helps learners to identify Vulnerabilities, conduct tests, assess risks and design/implement solutions.
Course Start Date
16th Nov, 2020
Mode of Delivery
Blended & Classroom
No. of Hours
3 Months Live Projects
Basic to Advanced
Important Things to Know about Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
Growth of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
With the estimation that Digital Economy in India is going to touch 1 trillion USD in 2025, speculations are rife about the spike in Cyber Crimes. It is high time that the third most vulnerable country in the world will wake up to the atrocities infested by Cyber Criminals and stop them beforehand. The only way to do this is to create a highly-skilled and experienced pool of professionals who can come up with strict Security Policies and Framework for Individuals and Organizations. According to a Data Security Council of India, 1 million Cyber Security Professionals are needed by the end of 2020.
Careers & Remuneration in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
There are multiple Technical roles available for Cyber Security Professionals with a specialized skillset. Some of those include Penetration Tester, Ethical hacker, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Auditor, Network Security Analyst, Cyber Security Support Engineer, Systems Engineer, IS Auditor, Cyber Security Auditor. Beginning salary for a Cyber Security professional in India is anywhere between 5 Lakhs p.a. to 7 Lakhs p.a up to 60 Lakh p.a for Senior Positions. Cyber Security Market in India is taking big leaps, and according to reports, it is expected to become a 3 billion dollars USD industry in 2022.
Get a Degree from Jain (Deemed-to-be University)
Jain (Deemed to be University) - One of the Top Ranked Universities in India that offers a Certificate upon Course Completion
Course Curriculum is Designed and Developed by Top Notch Academia and Industry Professionals. Get Trained According to the latest Industry Requirements
Learn from Passionate and Experienced Subject Matter Experts from Industry & Universities
Gain Hands-On Experience through Case Studies, Projects and Practice on latest Industry Demand Tools and Business Applications
Assignments at the end of each Module ensures efficient learning and reinforcement of concepts
Get Access to Live Master Classes delivered by Industry experts on latest industry Trends
A Dedicated Team of Experts to attend your Academic Queries
24 x 7 LMS Access
Gain 24 x 7 access to our Learning Management System - Learn Anytime Anywhere and on Any device
Work with a Dedicated Student Mentor from Industry providing support with every step of the way. Get Expert Advice on the Right Career Path
Personalized Resume Building and Regular Mock interviews
Placement Assistance with Hiring Partners through Connect To Careers Job Fairs and Connect To Careers e-Hire Portal
Become an Alumni of JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) and Network with over a Lakh of our Alumni on JGI Connect
Who Can Learn
Get trained in industry-relevant skills and Interact with Mentors across multiple industries and enhance your learning through Certifications. Get rewarding Job offers from top companies and Kickstart your career.
Upskill & Prepare Yourself for Senior Positions or Transition to new roles by gaining in-demand Skills. Experience seamless Integration of Theory, Practicals and Continuous Evaluation of your Progress by Mentors.
- Introduction to Information Security
- Security Protocols and Basics of Cryptography
- LAN Security and Protection of Computing Resources
- OS security features and Security Policies
- Identity and Access Management
- IP Security and VPN
- Web Security and Email Security
- Wireless Security and Cloud Security
- Risk Management, Testing, and Assessments
- Algorithms and Information Processing
- Control Structures
- Boolean Logic and Numeric Data Types
- Strings, Text Files, Lists and Dictionaries
- Procedural Abstraction in Function Definitions
- Objects and Classes
- Networks and Client-Server Programming
- Graphics and Image Processing, GUI.
- Event and Event-Driven Programming
- Introduction to Operating Systems Security
- Secure operating systems, Security goals, Trust model, Threat model
- Trusted Operating Systems, Assurance in Trusted Operating Systems, Virtualization Techniques
- Access Control Fundamentals – Protection system – Lampson’s Access Matrix, Mandatory protection systems, Reference monitor
- Verifiable security goals – Information flow, Denning’s Lattice model, Bell-Lapadula model, Biba integrity model, Covert channels.
- Security in Ordinary OS – Unix, Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mobile OS
- Security Kernels – Secure Communications processor, Securing Commercial OS
- Secure Capability Systems – Physical Security and Network Security in Operating Systems
- Testing, Vulnerability Analysis, Patch Management
- Perimeter Concepts and TCP-IP Fundamentals
- Network Attacks and Perimeter Security
- Advanced Perimeter Protection
- Network-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention (NIPS/NIDS)
- Email Content Security and Web Content Security.
- Endpoint Security Technologies
- Secure Network Access and Authentication
- VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Security Controls
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing and Architectural Characteristics
- Security Design and Architecture for Cloud Computing
- Secure Isolation of Physical & Logical Infrastructure. Data Protection
- Access Control for Cloud, Monitoring, Auditing, and Management
- Introduction to Cloud Design Patterns
- Introduction to Identity Management in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Security Design Patterns – I
- Cloud Computing Security Design Patterns – II
- Reporting. Policy, Compliance & Risk Management in Cloud Computing
- Introduction to principles of hacking and legal parameters
- Viruses, Trojans, Malwares, and OS Level Attacks and Counter Measures.
- Scanning, Sniffing, Social Engineering, Session Hijacking, and System Hacking.
- Footprinting, Enumeration, SQL Injection, and DOS Attacks
- Web Applications and Web Servers attacking methodology and Counter measures.
- IoT and Cloud Attacks and Defense Mechanisms
- Hacking Mobile and Wireless Networks and Counter measures.
- Firewall, IDS, and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools, and countermeasures
- Cryptology, Vulnerability Analysis, and Penetration Testing, Logging, and Audit.
- Penetration Test Planning, Techniques, and Scoping
- Information Gathering, scanning, and Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Exploitation, Password Attacks and pivoting
- Traffic Analysis
- Domain Escalation and WebApps Attacks
- Database Penetration Testing
- Post- Exploitation Tasks
- Exploit developments
- Analyzing and Reporting Penetration Test Results
- Python for Offensive Testing, Python Environment
- Layer 2 Attacks
- TCP/IP Attacks
- Network Scanning and Sniffing with Python
- Wireless Pentesting.
- Foot Printing Web Server and Web Application
- DDoS Attacks, SQL and XSS Web Attacks, Client-Side Validation
- Advanced Scriptable Shell, Password Hacking
- Bypassing Perimeter, privilege escalation in windows
- Introduction to Malware Analysis and taxonomy
- Static Analysis Techniques
- Dynamic Analysis Techniques
- Reversing Malicious Code
- Malicious web and document files
- In-Depth Malware Analysis
- Examining Self-Defending Malware
- Advanced Reverse Engineering Techniques
- Binary Software Security and Software Forensics
- Introduction to IoT, Architecture, and Framework
- Platform and Integration, Connectivity
- Implementing IoT
- Remote Monitoring, Edge Computing, and Analytics
- IoT Vulnerabilities, Attacks, Risks and Counter measures
- BlockChain Introduction and Architecture
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyper Ledger, and MultiChain
- Cryptonomics, Applications, and Exchanges.
- Blockchain Security. Vulnerabilities and Attacks, Risk Assessment and security mechanisms
- Fundamentals of Mobile Computing and Security.
- Introduction GSM Networks, UMTS Networks, LTE, and Security.
- Device Architecture and Application Interaction.
- The Stolen Device Threat and Mobile Malware.
- Mobile Data Storage and File System Architecture.
- Static Application Analysis.
- Dynamic Mobile Application Analysis and Manipulation.
- Mobile Penetration Testing.
- Emerging Trends in Mobile Security.
- Digital and Computer forensics fundamentals
- Overview of hardware, OS and file systems
- Data recovery, principles, and Validation
- Digital evidence controls
- Computer Forensic tools
- Memory Forensics and Volatility Framework
- Network Forensics and Mobile Forensics
- Reverse Engineering of Software Applications
- Computer Crimes, Legal issues, Laws and Acts
- Principles of Mobile Hacking and Digital Forensics
- Smartphone Overview, Fundamentals of Analysis, SQLite Introduction,
- Android Forensics Overview, and Android Backups
- Information gathering and exploitation processes
- Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Investigating Emails and Email Clients and crimes
- Android and iOS device forensics
- Software design and the boot process for smart devices
- Device Storage and Evidence Acquisition Techniques
- iOS Backups, Malware and Spyware Forensics, and Detecting Evidence Destruction
- Analyzing Advanced Mobile Attacks
- Understanding Mobile Hacking Techniques and Tools
- Open source tools, techniques, and best practices
- Report compilation, Evidence Analysis, and Report Writing
- Information Security Management Principles
- Information Risk
- Information Security Framework
- Procedural/People Security Controls
- Technical Security Controls
- Software Development and Lifecycle
- Physical and Environmental Security Controls
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
- Role of Investigations and Forensics
Cyber Security and Digital Forensics Tools
The capstone project is a three month activity. It encourages a learner to pursue independent enquiry into a relevant discipline and problem of his choice. Learners are encouraged to select a topic in which they have possess competence and skill based on their academic and professional experience. The capstone project provides valuable hands-on experience and opportunity to learners to demonstrate their analytical and writing skills to their prospective employers.
Students can take up the project with Envisage Global University Connections of their choice as part of the International Immersion. A learner is mentored by a chosen faculty from a Global University and also an Industry Expert from that country. Completion of a capstone project is mandatory to complete the PGP course.
Live Projects & Case Studies
Work on Live Projects
Learn through real-time Industry Projects sponsored by top Companies across Industries. Get mentored by industry experts who will provide their valuable feedback and suggestions on your Project Ideation, choice of tools and Implementation skills. Apply the learning from the course to real-time scenarios and get a solid Perspective of the Structure and Functions of an Industry.
Industry Based Case Studies
Reading a Case Study is a great way to know both the milestones and mishaps of a Business, Product or a Service. They give a profound insight into the Rights and Wrongs that occurred and its aftermath. Studying Industry-specific Case Studies could be the best way to immerse yourself in Research and Analysis on different topics covered in the course.
Program Fee Details
Fee for Blended Mode
(Live Online Classroom + Classroom Mode)
₹ 90,000 /-
100% Placement Assistance
With over 1000+ hiring partners, our learners will have a vast number of placement opportunities to start their career in the booming field of UI/UX.
Before sending you out to take up interviews an intensive session of Q&As, followed up with mock interviews is conducted, so that our students can crack the interviews at ease.
Personality Development Program
Effective Communication is a key skill for a successful career. We provide Soft Skill training, professional resume-writing help, and interpersonal skill training.
Apply by filling a simple online form, click on the below Apply Now button.
Your application will be reviewed by the faculty panel and shortlisted based on the eligibility.
Shortlisted candidates will go through a Personal Interview at our centre.
Fee Payment upon Selection
Fee payment as per the payment schedule to be paid.
Provisional Admission Letter
Fee payment as per the payment schedule to be paid.