This course offers in depth training on deploying and managing Check Point Provider-1 NGX. You will learn how to configure Security Policies for multiple remote Security Gateways using the Multi-Domain GUI (MDG), and learn about managing multiple firewall-secured environments using the Multi-Domain Server (MDS). You will also learn how to perform advanced configuration tasks, such as establishing redundant Multi-Domain Servers for High Availability management functions and migrating existing servers into the Provider-1 database.
Audience : System administrators, security managers, or network engineers implementing Provider-1 NGX in an enterprise setting.
Prerequisite : Check Point Security Administration NGX I Rev 1.1 and Check Point Security Administration NGX II Rev 1.1, or equivalent knowledge and experience in the prerequisites.
Duration of the course :
Part Time : N/A
Full Time : 2 Days (8 Hours per day)
Course Contents :
Provider-1 Overview and Deployment:
Example MSP Deployment.
Multi-Domain GUI and Server.
Types of MDs.
Communication between CMA and Security Gateway.
Multi-Domain Log Modules.
CheckPoint Management Infrastructure.
Security Gateway Deployment.
Point-of-Presence Provider-1 NGX Configuration.
Benefits of Provider-1 NGX.
MDS Installation and Configuration:
- Choosing the Type of MDS.
- Licensing Provider-1/SiteManager-1.
- License Details and Upgrading Licenses.
- Provider-1/Site Manager System Requirements.
- Secure Platform Appliances.
- IP Allocation and Routing.
- Command Line and File Structure.
- MDS and CMA Command Line Options.
- Overview of the Multi-Domain GUI.
- Establishing Communication with Remote Security Gateways.
- Multi-Domain GUI Functionality.
- Provider-1 Administrative Modes.
- Customer Contents Mode.
- Security Policies Modes.
- SmartUpdate View.
- SmartUpdate Toolbar Buttons.
- High Availability View.
- Customer Contents Mode.
- MDS Contents Mode.
- High Availability Toolbar Buttons.
- Connected Administrators Views.
- Connected Administrators Toolbar Buttons.
NOC Firewall Installation and Configuration:
- Network Operations Center Security.
- MDG Communication.
- Enhancing NOC Security.
- Rule Base Configurations.
Provider-1 Logging Features:
- Log Management
- Customer Log Module
- Multi-Domain Log Module System
- MLM Deployment
- Using Eventia Reporter
- Global Policy Rules
- Global Objects and Services
- Global Policy Database
- Customer History
- Global SmartDefense
- Configuring SmartDefense in Global SmartDashboard
- Subscribing an Customer to the Global SmartDefense Service
- Modifying SmartDefense from the SmartDashboard of a CMA
- Creating Global Objects and Rules
- Configuring a Global VPN
- Global VPN Communities
Advanced MDS Function:
- Migrating Existing Management Servers into Provider-1
- MDS High Availability Features
- Methodology of MDS Synchronization
- MDS Synchronization
- SmartCenter Server HA of a CMA
- MDS Clock Synchronization
- Backing Up a CMA
- MDS Archiving Utilities
- Archiving Scripts
- Restoring the MDS
- Using the mds_restore command