Organizations need to reduce the risk and impact of security issues, which means that security implementation skills are in high demand across the IT industry. Systems administrators who focus on security in their job role want to highlight their expertise in this field, and employers are eager to identify individuals who possess these skills. The Microsoft security specialization identifies Microsoft Certified Systems Administrators who concentrate on security, setting them apart from their peers.
IT professionals seeking to demonstrate security-specific knowledge and skills will benefit extensively by achieving the MCSA: Security specialization.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware.
Duration of the course :
Part Time : 3 Months (2 Hrs/Day)
Full Time : 1.5 Months (4 Hrs/day)
Key Benefits :
This certification specialization demonstrates to employers, peers, and clients the ability to secure a computing environment. In calling out their security expertise, IT professionals can easily and quickly differentiate themselves from their peers and gain an edge in marketing their skills.
Course Contents :
CORE EXAMS ON NETWORKING SYSTEM (BOTH PAPER REQUIRED)
Exam 70-290 : Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003:
- Managing Users, Computers and Groups.
- Configure access to shared folders.
- Managing and maintaining a Server Environment.
- Manage software update infrastructure.
- Monitor file and print servers.
- Manage a Web server using IIS.
- Manage basic disks and dynamic disks.
- Install and configure server hardware devices.
- Managing and Implementing Disaster Recovery.
- Manage backup procedures and recover from the backup.
- Recover from server hardware failure.
Exam 70-291: Implementing, Managing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure.
Implementing, Managing and Maintaining IP Addressing.
Configure TCP/IP addressing on a server computer using DHCP.
Implementing, Managing and Maintaining Name Resolution using DNS Server.
Implementing, Managing and Maintaining Routing and Remote Access.
Configure remote access authentication protocols.
Implement secure access between private networks.
Manage Routing and Remote Access routing interfaces.
Maintaining a Network Infrastructure.
CORE EXAM ON CLIENT OPERATING SYSTEM (ONE EXAM REQUIRED):
Exam 70-270 : Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows® XP Professional:
- Installing Windows XP Professional.
- Implementing and Conducting Administration of Resources.
- Manage and troubleshoot access to shared folders.
- Connect to local and network print devices.
- Implementing, Managing and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers.
- Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and Reliability.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the Desktop Environment.
- Implementing, Managing and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services.
- Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Security.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot Internet Explorer security settings.
EXAM 70-620 : TS, WINDOWS VISTA, CONFIGURING:
- Installing and upgrading Windows Vista.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Post-installation system settings.
- Configuring Windows security features.
- Configuring network connectivity.
- Configuring applications included with Windows Vista.
- Maintaining and optimizing systems that run Windows Vista.
- Configuring and troubleshooting mobile computing.
SECURITY EXAMS (TWO PAPERS) :
Exam 70-299: Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network:
Planning and Configuring an Authentication and Authorization Strategy.
Installing, Configuring, and Managing Certification Authorities.
Configuring, Deploying, and Managing Certificates.
Planning, Implementing, and Troubleshooting Smart Card Certificates.
Planning, Implementing, and Troubleshooting Encrypting File System.
Planning, Configuring, and deploying a Secure Member Server Baseline.
Planning, Configuring, and Implementing Secure Baselines for Server Roles.
Planning, Configuring, Implementing, and deploying a Secure Client Computer Baseline.
Planning and Implementing Software Updates.
Planning, Deploying, and Troubleshooting Data Transmission Security.
Planning and Implementing Security for Wireless Networks.
Planning and Implementing Perimeter Security with Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004.
Exam 70-350: Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004: