Rooman’s Diploma in Hardware is one of the most sought after credentials in the Information Technology industry.
Audience : Those who are interested to learn about Computer Hardware in depth.
Prerequisite : Well Conversant in English.
Duration of the course :
Part Time : 4Months (2 hrs/day)
Full Time : 2Months (4 hrs/day)
Key Benefits : Diploma in Hardware is a well recognized validation of technical knowledge required for an entry-level computer service technician.
Course Contents :
Operating System Technologies:
- Introduction to Computers
- Types of Software & languages
Introduction to Operating System (DOS):
- Introduction to OS Booting sequence in DOS
- Internal & external commands.
PC Support (Core Hardware):
Assembling & Installation:
- Add on card identification
- Assembling a computer
- Installation of DOS, 95,98,ME, MS-Office etc.,
- Configuration of display, sound card.
- Resistors, capacitors and Inductors
- Conductors, Insulators and semiconductors
- Comparison between AC and DC Current
- Diodes and transistors
- Rectifiers and voltage Regulators.
- Number System and conversion
- Basic logic gates (NOT, AND, OR)
- Universal gates (NAND, NOR)
- Flip flops (RS, D and JK)
- Counters, Shift registers
- Multiplexer and De-multiplexer
- Introduction to Integrated Circuits.
Microprocessor and Support chips:
- Difference between 8085,8086 and 8088
- Data, Address and control bus
- Dumb and Smart chip
- Use of 8284,8288, 74LS245, 74LS373, in a PC
- Use of 8237,8253.8255 & 8259 in a PC.
- Difference between PC-XT & PC-AT
- Processor speed ratings
- Study on Intel 80286, 80386, 80486
- Study on Pentium, MMX, Pentium Pro, Celeron, PII, PIII,P4, Xeon
- Study on Hyperthreading and Dual-Core Technology
- Pipelining and superscalar execution
- Study on Core I3, Core I5 and Core I7 Processor
- Difference between RISC and CISC
- Discussion on Overdrive processor
- Processor performance tests
- AMD- K5, K6, K7, Athlon, Duron, Cyrix- M II, Media GX
- Multiprocessor configuration.
Using System Resources and Memory:
- Managing IRQ and I/O Base addresses.
- Configuring DMA Channels
- Troubleshooting resource conflicts
- Memory management
- The system and logical Memory Layouts
- Adapter Memory Configuration and optimization
- Different Memory types
- Discussion on Cache Memory.
- Socket identification & I/O Slots
- Study on LX, BX, ZX, 810,820, 815, 840 and 850 motherboard
- Upgrading the motherboard and the processor
- Bus Slots and I/O Cards
- Types of I/O Buses (ISA, EISA, MCA, VESA, PCMCIA and PCI)
- Study on Notebook and Laptop architecture.
Hard Disk Drives:
- Data encoding scheme (FM, MFM, RLL)
- Different HDD interface (ST-506/412, ESDI, IDE)
- Study on SCSI interface
- Data organization (MBR, DBR, FAT)
- Data recovery using Various tools
- Hard Disk Limitations (File System and BIOS)
- Introduction to Disk Arrays (RAID)
- Analyzing and troubleshooting Hard Disk Drive
- Introduction to Tape Drives.
Optical Storage Device:
- Introduction to CD-ROM, DVD, CD-RW
- Encoding and data organization in CD-ROM
- Multiread and Universal Disk Format (UDF)
- Troubleshooting CD-ROM Drives
- Introduction to MO Drives.
- Virus History
- Types of viruses (Trojans, File, Boot sector, etc.)
- Installing different Antivirus packages.
Communication Ports and modem:
- Using communication ports and devices
- Serial port configuration
- Null Modem Configuration (RS-232)
- Modem Standards
- Configuring modem for internet connectivity
- Internet concept and browsing
- Introduction of USB.
Parallel Ports and Printers:
- Parallel port configuration
- Detecting and testing Parallel port using DEBUG
- Introduction to Printers
- Printer working concepts (DMP, inkjet, LaserJet)
- Detailed study about dot-matrix and inkjet printers
- Troubleshooting printer
- Introduction Scanners.
Software and Hardware Diagnostic Tools:
- Power-on Self Test (POST)
- Using AMIDIAG, Norton Diagnostics, QAPLUS and MSD
- GUI based Diagnostics Utility.
Operating system and hardware troubleshooting:
- Differentiating problems between Hardware, software and OS
- Potential system problems
- Diagnosing problems through Beep Sounds
- Analyzing and repairing hardware problem
- Advanced Troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking:
- Network Cabling and Interfaces
- Introduction to Baseband and broadband
- Network Cable Types (Co-axial, Twisted pair, Fiber Optic)
- Network Technologies (Ethernet, Token Ring)
- Discussion on ISO/OSI Model and Network Protocol.